https://go.pub2srv.com/afu.php?id=1479657

Sunday 28 August 2016

Aguero: I'm not competing with Ibrahimovic

Posted by   on

Aguero: I'm not competing with Ibrahimovic

The Argentine attacker has got off to a bright start to the campaign but he insists he and his Manchester United rival are not in a race for the Golden Boot
Sergio Aguero is happy with his start to the season, but insists he is not competing with Zlatan Ibrahimovic to become the Premier League top goalscorer.
Ibrahimovic scored three goals in Manchester United's first two games in the league, though he drew a blank in Saturday's 1-0 win over Hull City.
Aguero matched the Swede's electric start for Pep Guardiola's team,  and can overtake the striker with a goal as his side takes on West Ham on Sunday.
But the Argentine attacker, who finished second in the race for the golden boot last season, insists he is not looking to start a rivalry with the Swede.

“Both Ibrahimovic and I have started the season in great shape, both scoring goals," he said. "But I'm not thinking about competing with him. I compete against myself. I try to improve myself from the season before.
“If I am able to do as well as the previous season then I will keep growing as a player. That's my goal and also improving as a team. Always my goal is to improve myself compared to the year before.
“My goal here at Manchester City every year is to win trophies. The main goal in terms of trophies is to do well in the Champions League, then the Premier League and the rest of the trophies.
“It's always better to win as much as possible. It's difficult to win everything, but we have a great team to be able to win a trophy by the end of the season. We all expect to perform well in the Premier League and try to win the trophy, and also to perform great in the Champions League. Always the goal in our minds is to win a trophy.”
Aguero, 28, admits that new coach Guardiola has implemented a new style in the team which has forced extra demands upon his role, but he speaks very highly of the Catalan.
”Pep has changed the way we have been playing in previous years," he added.

“In my case, he's very demanding of me. I need to be the player who starts the pressure and with my pressure the rest of my team-mates will join me and keep up the pressure.
“After talking to him a while, he hopes to achieve something big. He's a very cheerful manager, he's always talking to you, cheering you up and pushing you.
“You can tell he loves football, he loves his job and he tries to teach us his concepts and what he wants.
"We need to enjoy but always be working hard.”












No comments:
Write comments

Join Our Newsletter